Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ford is Back Baby!

Its a long holiday weekend for the States, Memorial Day, the day we honor those who have fought for the rights in our country.  I lost a great Uncle in WWII, my dad's brother during Vietnam, my husband's grandfather was a vet from WWII and was stationed in Japan, and my father is vet of the Lebanon Conflict in the 60's (even though he was in Italy and did nothing but watch the planes fly over and think "thank god its not me," seriously, that is what he tells us!).

This week, Ford got back their logo!  What does that mean? Well in 2006, Ford mortgaged all their assets, including their logo, to get about 26 billion bucks, when they did that, it allowed them to NOT take the Government bailout in 2008.  Well 7 years to the month, they were able to pay off the mortgages and get back their logo, in celebration, about 900 employees came out to their east lawn and stood in the shape of the logo in blue and white shirts.  I am in the end of the F!   I lost my job in 2009 and in 2010 I got a job at Ford, I am proud to work there, I love what I do, and I love being part of the Ford Family.

So this is the offical picture!




And the picture below shows me and a red box around me.



No comments:

Post a Comment