Thursday, July 26, 2012

Great stuff for dogs!

Oh goodness its been toooo long!

Things have been busy in my world.  I have been ill and in bed for 2 weeks.  My basement sewer pipe backed up and ruined some dog beds and required me to rewash a lot of things.  My personal laptop hard drive died, so had to have that replaced. 



And let me tell you, I love my Pink laptop!
My beautiful niece graduated high school with honors, now on to college. So proud of her. 
But the real reason of my post today to talk about some great ideas and place to shop for the pooches.
As someone who is on a limited budget I am always on the look out for cheap toys, great deals and new dog beds for the kids.
Recently at Meijer (http://www.meijer.com/) I was able to get two "crate" dog beds on clearance for $22 each.  The beds were large, washable, and nice and fuzzy for the kids.  These are to replace 2 of the ruined dog beds from the sewer back up.
They also had "buy one toy, get the second for $1" and I was able to get 2 of Moo's favorites toys.  Bulldogs are known to suckle on toys, and these are her favorites to do that to:
Whenever I can find these sheep I have to by them! Moo will suck on them till they are soaked through wet and just destroyed.  Here she is sleeping with her pink sheep, so adorable isn't she?


My next FAVORITE shopping for a deal is doggyloot.com

This is like groupon for dogs.  Every day is something new, the items stay up for a few days or until sold out.


This is a screen grab of their site.  You can find them on twitter @doggyloot or the web
http://www.doggyloot.com/   and to the right is just one of  the awesome things I have ordered from them.  I order 2 braided Kong toys, a CASE of rice dog treats, Buddy Biscuits (fav's of my kids), a dog bed, wubba Kong toys, 4 - Tuff Enuff toys, and in all probably spent $165 total.  For all that!!! 
IT'S AWESOME!



This AWESOME guy is a Tuffy toy, http://www.amazon.com/Tuffys-Red-Alien-Lieutenant-Splock/dp/B0037LR7IW/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1344888638&sr=8-27&keywords=tuffy+toys+for+dogs  These aren't cheap but they are "tough" and last a long time, given you don't have a dog who sucks on everything.  My Moo sucked on his arms till they were destroyed. 


Another company that I  haven't tried yet but I hear is awesome (I love that word don't I?) is https://barkbox.com/  the cost varies and can be a monthly, 3 months, or 6 month plan.  Below are two pictures that are examples of what a box may contain.



No comments:

Post a Comment